Your are thrown into being in charge of a family reunion T-shirts, i.e uniform police for the whole family for one day. Now what! How , Where , How much? Where do you start? Here are some helpful tips for planning your family reunion T-shirts.
Things you should know before ordering shirts,
> If you are on tight budget, white 50/50 T-shirt Hanes 5170 is the way to go
> Order extra from every size, people will change sizes in the last minute. To add late or reorder is very expensive and time consuming.
> T-shirt Prices will vary from $4-$12 / Shirt based on your quantity and number colors printed.
Common Good Practices:
Here are some common good practices and guideline steps to simplify the process.
1. Deadline Deadline (that makes 2)
Have 2 deadlines planned; that is the date you place order for the T-shirt;one that you will keep as secrete and should be 2-3 weeks before the needed date . If you are flying out, you might have to add few more days.
The other deadline is for the family to turn in their sizes, since some family will be later than others, some will even be post deadline. Try to make this date a week before the deadline to order the shirts.
You will have kids and adults, this is not a good time to guess what little Jony's size is because you haven't seen him in a year. It would help to have a sizing chart to send to the family members with the email.
This is sizing chart for Gildan 2000 T-shirt. link for more info
Size S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL 5XL
Width 18 20 22 24 26 28 30 32
Length 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Size XS S M L XL
Width 16 17 18 19 20
Length 20.5 22 23.5 25 26.5
What to Put on Family Reunion T-shirt.
1. The date.
2. Where the event will take place, if you are huge family spread out across the states, you might just print the state it is being hosted at.
3. The year it is taking place.
4. Family Name printed in Bold; or thick font.
5. Theme; assuming you are have one. Sometimes the theme is tied to where the reunion is taking place.
Here are some examples of ready templates you can use for the reunion. link...
Steps for planning the Reunion:
Start 2-3 month in Advance to planing your T-shirt ordering process.
1. Select a design form Ad-A-Print website that best suites the theme of the reunion. It is common not having one, so it is matter of finding a design you like. link...
If you have a designer in the family, have them do the design and share it with you using the "Ad-A-Print share a design" feature. Make sure it vectorized, since Jpg will cost you more to vectorize . Fore more information about vectorizing check blog.
2. Decide on a Budget or Design.
This is less common for family reunions of 144 or more, since they have high quantity, price difference between designs and quantity is minimal.
If you are reunion of less than 144, you might have to decide what is the most important to you, price or design. A nice design usually requires more colors, while simple one color design tends to be more affordable. One things is is for sure,"a nice design is much better than cheap design that no one likes. " My experience, if you keep budget below $10, that reasonable for everyone.
3. Share the Design with family.
Once you do a design on adaprint.com, get feedback from your family members. Sending the design through send to friend feature on Ad-A-Print design application. In the email, including the deadline of when to order the shirt.
4. Send another email after 2 weeks, to remind families, and twice before deadline to get everyone's final sizes.
5. Place your order of your saved shirt.
Common issues family reunion faces:
1. Members of family too late to order T-shirts.
2. Last Minute Additions
3. Coming up with a design
4. Guessing Sizes.
5. Meeting deadline.
6. New unexpected members.
7. Deciding on Color of T-shirt.